A gap analysis is a method of assessing the differences in a business' actual performance and their projected or planned performance. It involves looking at a business’ information systems or software applications to determine whether the business requirements are being met and, if not, what steps should be taken to ensure they are met successfully.
On average there is one successful prosecution of a Health & Safety breach daily.
These are usually due to businesses not understanding where they are – failing to implement, failing to complete, obvious risks ignored – and where they need to be. Hand on heart; can you say for certain that where you are operating is where you should be?
A bespoke Gap Analysis will help you understand and prioritise business needs – identifying any deficiencies or shortcomings in Health & Safety management and operations that need to be overcome.
A full report identifies:
- Key strengths
- Key hazards and risks
- Risk control matrix
- Compliance recommendations
- An action plan for moving forward
Your report can be used to:
- Define and communicate an acceptable performance
- Implement marginal gains from understanding business performance and behaviours
- Measure and review performance
- Analyse risks to your supply chain